hope anchors the soul

my world was 360 degrees of you and 24/7 moments of your hands on my hips. it was laughs and cuddles and just being there. you were feathe...

my world was 360 degrees of you and 24/7 moments of your hands on my hips.
it was laughs and cuddles and just being there.
you were feathers tickling the palms of my hands, just enough to bring the life back.

I stepped in to you,
your movements became mine.
I changed to fit every piece of you.
I changed so you could love me.

some days I think you did.

but some days it was easier for you to twist in and pull and shake until I was on my knees begging to be put back.
you would pick me up put me on your back and tell me to stay there,
and I would.

I was easy access when your lips got cold, when mine did you told me to pull the blanket up.
but some days you would pull the blanket off my lips, kiss me and hold me until the sun faded and the moon lit up your face.
those were the best days of my life.

I miss your heart beat in my ear and hugs from behind.

I miss your kisses, but thats my fault.
I told you not to kiss me and you said, ok.

I said this is hard for me and you said it's for the best.
I say I LOVE YOU, you smile.

I dont regret meeting you,
or kissing you,
or liking you so much sometimes i couldn't breathe.

But there are days I regret loving you.



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I like this poem a lot. I think many people can relate to it in some way as they have loved or been loved by someone. The feeling of regret is common in relationships and maybe sometimes we hope that things happened differently or ended in a different way. Thank you for sharing your poem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're an amazing writer! I can relate to this poem a lot. Loving someone so hard it can hurt, while they don't reciprocate those feelings. Its like a rollercoaster ride. You took my thoughts of a relationship I had and put it into words. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images