skydiving

my stomach bounces between my throat and feet. the excitement lives in my body. my hands tremble with anxiety, as the intercom calls my n...

my stomach bounces between my throat and feet.
the excitement lives in my body.

my hands tremble with anxiety, as the intercom calls my name.
i'm scared,
like the times i walked alone, my hands gripping each other as if it was you.

my legs shake, like the plane as it takes off.
we jump.
it's easy and we are weightless.
it's like times when i was little and my dad would throw me to the sky.
it made me never want to come down.

but when I land its almost disappointing.
i just finished one of the most amazing things ever.
and it felt so good.

i just want to keep reliving that one fall over and over.
it made me never want to come down.

but I have to.

i have to remember how to walk and talk and write.
because for those 3 minutes I forgot..
i forgot what it was like to be normal.
i forgot what it was like to be in the real world walking on land instead of flying.
it's hard to fall in love.

but its even harder to land and walk.






You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. So I remember the day we wrote these. And I miss it. And this. This is beautiful.

    i just want to keep reliving that one fall over and over.
    it made me never want to come down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "but it's even harder to land and walk."

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images