good byes were not made to be part of growing up

i don't think leaving is as easy as you made it seem. because that is what i am doing right now, and it hurts. my sister cries l...

i don't think leaving is as easy as you made it seem.


because that is what i am doing right now, and it hurts.

my sister cries like i did. and my dad just makes that almost disappointed face,

they say growing up is good and natural.

but i am wendy when all i have ever wanted was to be peter.

i'm wendy, growing up to pay bills and taxes, get married and have a family. 
life is handed to me like a five course meal.
plates full of choices that i don't remember making.

plates full of you wills and you shoulds.
soon to be plates full of i could of's and i would of's. 

i wanna touch the stars.
i want to fight captain hook.
i want tinker bell to have my back forever. 
i wanna play with the lost boys.

i want my sisters tears to mean more then just good bye.
i want my dad to make that disappointed face because he is...

but then again, we're all just living in a fairy tail, and those seem to end with a kiss goodnight and goodbye.









You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. This is amazing. The part about wanting to be Peter and having Tinkerbell always have your back. so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every line is so freaking good and original, you killed it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every line is so freaking good and original, you killed it

    ReplyDelete
  4. "but I am wendy when all I ever wanted was to be peter"

    oh natalie that line is killer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU did so great with this writing!

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images