college update

in one hand i carry a life full of things i've only ever wanted for the people i call mom and dad. and in the other i clutch my dreams....

in one hand i carry a life full of things i've only ever wanted for the people i call mom and dad.
and in the other i clutch my dreams.
and i'm standing over a casket that looks a lot like fear.
and i can't decide if clutching and carrying are the same thing.
the wind blows my hands back, reality and illusion fall threw the wholes in my soul.
my dreams fall left and i fall right.
i guess blood looks better on my hands then sparks do.

my dad looks proud and tightens up his tie, 
he has a smile big enough to push me off the cliff i'm standing on.
and it does.
but falling isn't so bad when hitting the ground is all i've ever wanted.
falling really isn't that bad.

i know because he fell really hard, but i think he's happy now.
and i think that she might of tripped, but she said the ground felt like a pillow.
a pillow that was a little like fear, but tears look best on fear.

tears look best on faces and hands and shoulders.
and the ground looks best on me.

so falling really isn't that bad.




You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. "I can't decide if clutching and carrying are the same thing."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is one of the best ones you have done.

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images