i am a brick

When the only music I listen to is the 1975. I walk the halls dragging my personality with a rope hoping no one smiles at me. The humming ...

When the only music I listen to is the 1975.
I walk the halls dragging my personality with a rope hoping no one smiles at me.
The humming of peoples voices is too much for my ears.
Times when the broken clock is a comfort.

These are the days I am brick.


Tears rim my eyes as I stare at the piles of homework that will never get done.
When the teacher reminds me of the test I kindly let escape my thoughts.
Almost rear end 13 people driving home from a cold uneventful weekend night.



My friends clap in front of my face, helping me escape from the prison of my mind.
I trip on the stupidly placed stairs in the commons.

 I am a brick.

The days when the word vomit doesn't come, and a brain freeze is not just a figure of speech.
My mom yells at me to do something I will never remember.
Days when "I will be logged out do to inactivity."
When i'm to tried to even push snooze.

Days when I say throw another because the loads already too much and one more won't hurt.

When reading with the rain isn't enough.
No matter how many times I try and say it, it gets caught in my throat and becomes mixed with all the other unneeded words.




These are the days that I am a brick.




You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. wow. i loved reading this. one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, So good!

    "I walk the halls dragging my personality with a rope hoping no one smiles at me..."

    great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Days when I say throw another because the loads already too much and one more won't hurt.''

    #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get this.
    This gets me.
    thank you for this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I walk the halls dragging my personality with a rope hoping no one smiles at me." Love this and hate this but love it because art, hate it because sad. You know?

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I walk the halls dragging my personality."
    #stolen

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images