empty desks and absent smiles

I remember when our faces collided in the hall way by the knight. I brushed it off like I didn't feel the smoke between our lips, as I w...

I remember when our faces collided in the hall way by the knight. I brushed it off like I didn't feel the smoke between our lips, as I watched you do a heal click out the doors.

I remember the look on her face when she told me their "epic", too long, cheap love was over. Relief flooded my body.

I remember empty desks, and absent smiles.

I'm tired of remembering day dreams that never happened and nightmares that were all to real.

I remember the blue eyed boy that changed my life.
His boots no one understood but me. His hands that only fit in mine.
canyon drives melt into my memory, happy faces and bitter souls jump into each other's arms.
To hipster to have the time of our lives, so we settle for sub par memories and intense kisses.




I remember cold faces with colorful hearts screaming for attention.

Remembering leaving the waves and my best friend. Thinking this was the hardest thing I would ever do. 
I remember losing you, and knowing this was the hardest thing I will ever do.
I remember refusing to believe second period would suck for the rest of the year.

I remember rewriting our love in the form of a sign. Nights we would laugh so hard your boots didn't matter any more.

I remember skating around the parking lot waiting to put our memories in film. I remember lip syncing to the beat of your heart.


I remember 9 months trying not to remember, seeing you and knowing your hand suddenly fit into hers.
I remember forgetting to remind you of me.
And they way we used to dance around our hearts.


I remember bombs being dropped into a field of forevers.

I'm constantly remembering the time when I thought the playground was the best thing to happen to me.

Then I remember when you happened to me.




You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Whoa. Where was this post hiding?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I remember forgetting to remind you of me ."

    Woah. And that ending? Unreal.

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images