that's her

her name was rachel  and she had the sun in her hair and the stars in her eyes. she had dust in her hands, that turned people's ...

her name was rachel 

and she had the sun in her hair and the stars in her eyes.

she had dust in her hands, that turned people's hearts to gold.

and she was the spring full of life and laughter, and I swear with her it was warm even when my hands were blue.

she was incredible, 

and her smile made you wish it was sunday afternoon every wednesday night.

and I knew by the sound of the air if she was in my heart or my hands. 


and that day I felt her slipping threw my fingers.


and that day the stars in her eyes became the stars in mine, and the spring became her sister, and the gold the gold, was gone. and the sun well that went with her.

rachel,

put herself in a box in the ground.

because she thought spring looked better on her sister and the stars were getting to big for her eyes.

and I know she loved us, but you can't put an empty casket in the ground. 



her name was rachel 

and she was incredible 

and now that tree in the cemetery, 


that's her.






You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. *got courage to comment*

    That picture thingy at the end along with the last line were and are golden. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard for me to comment. This brought back things I forgot about. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images