october

We all have those days when everything seems to work out perfectly as if God was painting each event minute by minute. This is how those 31...

We all have those days when everything seems to work out perfectly as if God was painting each event minute by minute. This is how those 31 days in my life were. 

I applauded the october babies.
My whole 17 year old life I've wished I was you.
Your birthday falls in the best month of the year. 
The month when everything was going right and it hurts my brain to remember when I was sad that cool october.

I don't love october because thats when I got my first real kiss or that I had my first real love. 
It was october that I met my best friend, it was october that I met me. 

Before this I didn't know me I didn't understand that I meant something to the world and that I would become someone, it was impossible to think that I will have an effect on someones life. Just like october had on mine. 

See, I met myself in this month, but I can't take all the credit because without october I don't think I would've known how.

October, you pointed out the things that were already there, it was different when you said it, I believed it when you said it, because your not my mom, and you liked me, even said you loved me. 

With you I learned to love everything about me, I learned that I don't need to try to be the girl sitting next to me in English class. 

I don't need to be the most popular girl in school I don't need to be like everyone. If I'm liked by myself then who gives a crap what other people think. 

You taught me that loving who I am is more important then even loving you. And october even though november came around and stole you out from under my home-made halloween costume, I knew you would come back and see me through another year. 

October you were good to me, and you loved me like no month ever has. 

So my darling october, stay the night because you saved my life.  




You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. this whole post really speaks to me. great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful. Did you know that October has the bluest sky of all the months of the year? It is such an inspiring time, let's absorb it while it lasts. I'm so happy your self awareness came at a time of such beauty. Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. October is my favorite month of the year. Mainly because of Fall. Fall is when the thunderstorms come over the mountains. When it rains on our day. The leaves decide to fall. The cool crisp fall breeze. Playing in leaves. I just love it. Thank you for writing this. It is the best. Your great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am speechless right now, my mind is blown. I'm really having a hard time coming up with words. This makes me so happy, you wrote about something happy and good and it worked. I want to be able to do that. Thank you for giving me hope.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That last line gave me chills. My birthday is in October and I never really appreciated that until this post. Fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't say that October is the best, yet it's still my favorite month too. I barely missed the mark.

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images