ALONE

she knows she can't sleep alone. she comes to my house because its better in a place thats not your own littered with the "b...

she knows she can't sleep alone.

she comes to my house because its better in a place thats not your own
littered with the "better days". 

she knows theres no more long nights of sleeping together on FaceTime.
she gets used to the idea that she will have to learn some one all over again.
but it seems that he already knew the "new" girl.



she learns that she can no longer impress a boy with a naked face.
she hates the idea that she has to try to think of what to say.
missing the time when the words came easy and the laughs almost instant.

never regretting the mental pictures of his smile that repeat in her brain over and over.


now losing his scent, 
and the smell of his hands on her face.
the alzheimer's sets in
 as the memories come and go in waves.


missing the silent dangerous kisses that would make her whole body feel.
the hands that molded together, as a constant reminder.

aching for the long nights spent on the roof of the 2007 jeep liberty.
pretending that they cared where the big dipper was or if orion was watching.




her head pressed up against his neck tasting his nervous excitement. 
their bodies entwined, never needing to touch lips to feel the electricity.



I'm alone and i like it.

I'm alone and i hate it.
    

  

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. "never needing to touch lips to feel the electricity."

    i really liked the post. one of my favorites so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "She knows there's no more long nights of sleeping together on FaceTime." <<< YES! This happens way too often to me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those words just hit me in the chest, it was hard to breath for a second there. It's amazing Hun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "missing the time when the words came easy and the laughs almost instant" same.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "missing the silent dangerous kisses that would make her whole body feel." That was amazing, I want to just repost the whole thing in my comment it was so good. You have a way of writing that makes me feel and love and hate all at once.

    ReplyDelete
  6. words get harder everyday, then you find someone someday and they become easy and natural.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "the alzheimer's sets in as the memories come and go in waves."

    I love this blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. "pretending that they cared where the big dipper was or if orion was watching." WHO GIVES A FREAKIN CRAP ABOUT THE BIG DIPPER

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was going to comment something awesome but I guess everyone else did first. I still really really liked this though and I wanted you to know that I loved how romantic this was. Stellar job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks familiar.
    Love it love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. never needing to touch lips to feel the electricity.
    #stolen.

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images